Mexican Layer Dip is such an awesome way to introduce a whole pile of Mexican flavours, Mexican Beans and vegetables.
If your family are fans of Mexican but you get tired of the same old tacos and burritos, give this Mexican Layer Dip a go. It includes loads of basic ingredients that are all available in the supermarket so there’s no running around looking for special ingredients.
Serve this Mexican Layer Dip with a mound of Organic Corn Chips and some extra vege sticks and that’s a party platter or lunch sorted. If you’d like to make your Mexican Layer Dip a complete meal, you could serve with tortillas, brown rice and extra salad.
We love Sharon’s Mexican Layer Dip Recipe – so easy, so quick and definitely a recipe the kids can help with too!
Thanks for sharing this with us Sharon xx
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 450g Old El Paso refried beans
- 40g Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 300ml Sour cream
- 2 Avocado
- 1tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tomatoes
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 Lettuce
- 2 cups Cheese
- 1 jar Salsa
- Into a rectangle dish, place layer of refried beans.
- Mix taco seasoning in with sour cream, place on top of the refried beans.
- Mash avocado with lemon juice place on top of sour cream.
- Chop tomatoes, layer on top of avocado.
- Chop spring onions, layer on top of tomatoes.
- Chop lettuce, layer on top of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of tomatoes. You can also add salsa on top of the cheese. Serve with corn chips.