- Serves 6
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
After cooking in the pressure cooker for 1 hour, it’s very easy to shred the pork using folks! Enjoy with rolls or tortillas!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder, skin off and cut in half
- 2 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2cup beef stock
- 1tbsp barbecue sauce
- salt & pepper
- Add oil into the inner pot, press SAUTE/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 7 mins, and press START. Cook pork until browned all over. Remove from pot.
- Press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 3 min, and press START. Cook onion and garlic until onion has softened. Add spices and combine together.
- Return pork to the pot and add stock. Seal lid, cook on MEAT/POULTRY in Pressure cooking for 60min. Press START. (Or SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 8 hours).
- When it's finished cooking, transfer pork to a chopping board, and shred pork finely with using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, discard bay leaves, add barbecue sauce, then press SAUTE/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 10 mins and press START. Stir and cook sauce until thickened slightly.
- Return shredded pork to the pot, stir gently. Season to taste.
- Serve with dinner roll/ bread roll with coleslaw/ tortillas with salsa and sour cream as you desired!
If you use pork with skin on, remove skin and fat before you start to shred. We like cracked pork skin, so I take the skin off first, and cook only skin in the oven.