Sushi fusion, fun sushi rolls, full of Mexican taco flavours and the healthy veg kids love, dipped in taco or sweet chilli sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 12 sushi )
- 250 gms Inghams Turkey Mince
- 1/4 Green Capsicum - finely chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrot - grated
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 - 3 Tbs Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 cup Lettuce - finely shredded
- 1 cup (extra) Carrot - grated
- 1/2 -1 Avocado - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Taco Sauce or Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cheese - grated
- 2 large Lime & Chilli Wraps or Tortillas
- Combine the Inghams turkey mince with the capsicum, red onion, 1/4 cup of carrot, 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce, taco seasoning mix. Mix well.
- Divide the mix into 3, form each into a ball, roll each ball into a sausage shape, wrap in cling wrap and chill for 1/2 hour. ( Do this early in the day and cook later, less work at busy dinner times)
- Heat a non-stick frypan, add a tiny bit of oil, cook the turkey sausages, turning carefully, to brown on all sides, continue cooking on med heat until done.
- Spread a little sweet chilli sauce on each wrap/ tortilla. icluding the edge (this helps them stick together), top half of each wrap with lettuce, carrot, cheese & avocado, place a turkey sausage in the centre of the filling. Carefully roll into a sushi roll, place bamboo skewers through 2cm apart, using a sharp knife, cut the roll between the skewers to form sushi.
- Serve with taco or sweet chilli sauce to dip, can be served hot or cold.
An easy meal that can be prepared earlier in the day and cooked up at dinner time, if served hot or fully made and served cold. Great for little fingers and and full of healthy veg & calcium. It makes a yummy school lunch or fingerfood for snacks & parties.