- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Perfect on a cold winters night
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 90 grams Plain Flour
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 125g Castor Sugar
- 125g Butter softened
- In a 1-litre microwave safe mixing bowl, add the golden syrup, turning to coat the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl place the remaining ingredients and beat well for 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the mixture on top of the syrup and spread evenly.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a warmed plate and serve hot with hot custard and/or extra syrup