- Makes 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This mille feuille is so simple to make yet looks so impressive! You can use any flavour of jam in the middle. I use raspberry jam often instead of strawberry.
Ingredients (makes 8 slices)
- 1 sheet Puff pastry
- 1 cup Cream Whipped
- 1 heaped Tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 4 heaped Tbsp Icing sugar
- Red Food colouring
- Cut puff pastry sheet in half and cook till golden.
- On one layer of cooked pastry spread the strawberry Jam
- Then spread the cream evenly over the top of the jam.
- Put the other layer of pastry on top.
- Mix in a bowl the icing sugar and add few drops of water at a time to get it to a consistency so it's spreadable (not runny). Smooth over top layer of cake.
- With the left over icing add a few drops of food colouring and mix well. Pipe using a small nozzle about 8 lines like a text book page.
- Using a toothtick feather the icing by pulling the toothpick one way towards you and then the other way - away from you and repeat the pattern till the top is feathered.
- To cut slices use a sharp knife in hot water (same as you do for an ice cream scoop) and this will not ruin the icing pattern.
Recipe Mille feuille
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.