- Makes 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This mille feuille is so simple to make yet looks so impressive! You can use any flavour of jam in the middle. I use raspberry jam often instead of strawberry.
Ingredients (makes 8 slices)
- 1 sheet Puff pastry
- 1 cup Cream Whipped
- 1 heaped Tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 4 heaped Tbsp Icing sugar
- Red Food colouring
- Cut puff pastry sheet in half and cook till golden.
- On one layer of cooked pastry spread the strawberry Jam
- Then spread the cream evenly over the top of the jam.
- Put the other layer of pastry on top.
- Mix in a bowl the icing sugar and add few drops of water at a time to get it to a consistency so it's spreadable (not runny). Smooth over top layer of cake.
- With the left over icing add a few drops of food colouring and mix well. Pipe using a small nozzle about 8 lines like a text book page.
- Using a toothtick feather the icing by pulling the toothpick one way towards you and then the other way - away from you and repeat the pattern till the top is feathered.
- To cut slices use a sharp knife in hot water (same as you do for an ice cream scoop) and this will not ruin the icing pattern.