- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This cute mini gingerbread loaf is delicious and a great gift for friends.
Ingredients (makes 12 Mini loaves)
- 125 grams Butter
- 2/3 cup or 120 grams Golden syrup
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp Mixed spice
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups Icing sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
Notes... I like to bake these loaves in my mini Christmas tree cake tin. I think it would also be fine to bake in a normal loaf tin however, cooking time may require adjustment.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line or grease, mini loaf tin (I use my mini Christmas tree cake tin - see note).
- Stir butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine flour, ginger and mixed spice. Add eggs, buttermilk and cooled mixture. Stir until combined. Spoon into mini loaf tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. Cool on a wire rack.
- Add icing sugar and lemon juice together to make a runny paste. Spread over loaves, set aside to cool.
Recipe Mini gingerbread loaf with lemon icing
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.