- Makes 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This cute mini gingerbread loaf is delicious and a great gift for friends.
Ingredients (makes 12 Mini loaves)
- 125 grams Butter
- 2/3 cup or 120 grams Golden syrup
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp Mixed spice
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups Icing sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line or grease, mini loaf tin (I use my mini Christmas tree cake tin - see note).
- Stir butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine flour, ginger and mixed spice. Add eggs, buttermilk and cooled mixture. Stir until combined. Spoon into mini loaf tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. Cool on a wire rack.
- Add icing sugar and lemon juice together to make a runny paste. Spread over loaves, set aside to cool.
I like to bake these loaves in my mini Christmas tree cake tin. I think it would also be fine to bake in a normal loaf tin however, cooking time may require adjustment.