Quick, easy and tasty meatballs.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 400 grams lean beef mince
- 1 onion; finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix the mince, onion, garlic, herbs and egg in a bowl.
- Gradually add the breadcrumbs until the mixture is firm; then roll the mixture into medium sized balls with your hands.
- Heat olive oil in pan and gently fry the meatballs until brown over a medium heat.
- Place meatballs on a plate and push a cocktail fork/stick into each meatball. Serve with a sauce.