- Makes 24
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
This is great recipe for making with your children. It’s quick which means less time to get impatient, it’s pretty – they can choose what colour(s) to add to the mixture before baking, and the results taste great. Licking the beaters is yummy too!
Ingredients (makes 24 small meringues)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 drop gel food colouring
- Preheat oven to 140C. Get out 2 eggs and leave until at room temperature. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Separate the 2 eggs, keeping the yolks for custard or something else.
- Whisk the egg whites at top speed using an electric mixer in a clean bowl. They are ready when they egg whites are stiff enough that you can tun the bowl upside-down without losing any of the egg white. My girls loved that part!
- Reduce the speed of the mixer. Continue to whisk, adding the sugar about a tablespoon at a time. When all the sugar has been added whisk until the mixture is glossy and stands up in peaks.
- Choose your food colouring(s) and divide the meringue mixture into as many portions as you have colours. Add one drop of gel paste colouring to each portion and mix in.
- Blob onto the lined tray - about 2 teaspoons per meringue. Allow about 2cm between them for speading.
- Bake for 40 min. This results in crisp outsides and chewy insides.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.