- Serves 50
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
I serve on a long glass plate and pass around until all gone, but serve anyway you want really, they'll be gobbled up instantly so make lots. Please note the corn shells will absorb the moist mixture if left on a table for over 15 mins.
Ingredients (serves 50)
- 1x pkt Mini taco shells (yes they exist, available from specialty delis) or Coles have curled up corn chips equally as good.
- 1x regular can Old El Paso refried bean mix
- 1x regular can Red kidney beans (drained)
- 1x pkt Taco seasoning
- 3 tblespns Tomato paste
- Half regular container Lite sour cream
- Mix altogether in a saucepan to heat through and squash red kidney beans with a fork or potato masher
- When heated through and mix has thickened and burbling, spoon into the mini taco shells
- Garnish generously with finely chopped/shredded red cabbage, ice-berg lettuce, red onion, spring onion and red capsicum.
- Serve and pass around.
I've used this recipe time and time over at family and friend get-to-gethers. I enjoy cooking and consider presentation my specialty and important. I recently made 50 of these for my office Christmas Party and they were demolished and a mega hit. I'm still waiting for a promotion though!! Bon appetite MoMs.