- Makes 1
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A quick and easy dip to make, which really does taste like duck. Very more-ish.
Ingredients (makes 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Processed Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 3 teaspoons Mixed Dried Herbs
- 3 medium Tomatoes (skinned & chopped)
- 3 small White Onions (finely chopped)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Put all ingredients except egg in a saucepan and simmer until onion is cooked. Add beaten eggs and stir until mixture thickens.
- Cool before use. Serve with vegetable crudites or savoury crackers.
My great-grandmother used to make this dip every time we had a party, or went on a picnic. It's become a family favourite, and it's great if you unexpectedly run out of dips at a party, because you always have in the ingredients in the fridge & it takes almost no time to make. Nice on toast as a snack, or with toasted pita bread.