A yummy, moist chocolate cake that doesn’t need to be iced to be enjoyed.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/4 cup Softened butter
- 1 Egg, room temperature
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line and grease 20 x 15 cm baking tray.
- Place butter into boiling water and beat until melted. Allow mixture to cool slightly then add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift and mix dry ingredients.
- Pour dry into wet and beat to combine for 2 minutes. Mixture will be liquidy.
- Pour into pan and place in oven.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I made a version of this in two Kmart glass containers, a 16cm square and a 13.7 square. I baked them for 40 minutes. If your pan makes the batter shallower, raise the temp by 10 and decrease time by 10 mins. If your pan makes the batter deeper, decrease temp by 10 and increase time by 10 or 15 mins.