- Serves 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Healthy and easy dinner for the whole family
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 Brown Onion Chopped
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 250g Sweet potato peeled and grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tsp Gourmet garden Moroccan seasoning
- 5 sheets Filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C. Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, until soft. Add the mince and sweet potato and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until the mince is brown. Stir in the spice paste and peas, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and light spray with oil. Top with Another filo sheet, turning 45 degrees. Lightly spray with oil make a star shape. Use to line a 20cm pie dish leaving the edges overhanging.
- Fill the pastry case with the mince mixture and fold the over hanging pastry over to cover most of the filling. Lightly spray the remaining sheet with oil and scrunch gently. Use to cover the pie. Place the dish on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins until the top is golden brown.
You can always add a side to this dish to make it go further. My whole family love this, from the 2 year old to Great Grandma.