- Serves 8
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 6 Eggs
- 500 g mascarpone
- 1 cup freshly made hot, strong, espresso coffee
- 2 tblspn Tia Maria
- 400g Italian Finger Biscuits
- good-quality dark chocolate, grated
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar for at least 15 minutes, or until thick and white. Add the mascarpone and beat until just combined but smooth.
- Combine the coffee and liqueur (as little or as much as you like) in a bowl. Quickly dip the biscuits into the liquid and set aside on a plate.
- Beat the eggwhites until thick and stiff, then gently fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Layer the soaked biscuits and mascarpone cream in a large glass bowl or individual glass bowls. Refrigerate for at least 2–3 hours. Before serving, top with a generous grating of chocolate.