- Serves 4
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This mushroom spaghetti bolognaise is a crowd favourite at my house! Full of veggies and tastes delicious! The longer you cook the more the flavours infuse into the sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 gm mince meat
- 500 gm spaghetti
- 1 onion diced finely
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped
- 250gm mushrooms sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 400gm Ardmona crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp masterfoods spaghetti bolognaise herbs
- 2 tbsp garlic crushed
- 50 gm leggos tomato paste sachet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- dash Salt & pepper
- Heat up the olive oil in a large frypan, once heated cook the onion, celery, and mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrot, garlic, herbs and cook for two minutes.
- Add the mince and cook until brown, add salt and pepper.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato paste, stir and then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for one to two hours (depending on how long you have the longer the better though).
- 20 minutes before you wish to eat bring a pot of water to the boil add spaghetti and cook 12-15 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti and place spaghetti in bowls with the sauce on top and enjoy!
If you are only cooking for two as a tip you could cook half the amount of spaghetti and just freeze the sauce.