- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
This is a refreshing twist to your normal tuna casserole
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tbs flour
- 1 heaped tsp of curry powder
- 1 heaped tsp of mustard powder
- 1 milk
- 1 large packet of crinkle cut potato chips
- 1/4 packet of tasty cheese any one that is your favourite.
- 4 lemons to garnish
- 2 large cans of tuna
- 1 heaped tbs of margarine or butter
- Boil eggs
- chop onion and fry
- In a fresh saucepan you now need to melt margarine or butter on low heat,add flour, add curry, add mustard and quickly stir to a paste. increase heat to medium constantly stirring add milk so that it all does not glug and stir. Gradually keep adding more milk each time it thickens.This is just the same as you would with a cheese sauce. I never measure my milk but I would say roughly 3/4 of 1 litre milk. This also requires constant attention. Set aside
- Peel eggs and slice, then place into casserole dish.
- Add 2 cans of tuna to casserole dish
- Pour in sauce and mix all through. The mixture should be juicy not dry if it is too dry you will need to add make more sauce.
- Crush potato chips on top to cover the top
- Then sprinkle top with cheese. Place into oven or Airfryer until hot and cheese has melted and a bit of a crunch on top.
- While heating, cook rice or you have this all done prior to casserole heating
- Place rice on plate cover with casserole and serve with fresh lemon. Lemon is squeezed fresh on top while eating.
This recipe was passed down to me from my family. I have not shared it before and was not sure if I was going too but as others have shared favourites I thought I would share mine. I have cooked this for many family and friends and the dish has always got great reviews. My family demand it at least once a week because they love it so much. I have never actually written it down before so I hope it is easy to follow. It is easy to make if you know how to do a basic cheese sauce. I hope you all enjoy