- Serves 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
These Naked Beef & Bean Burritos are a great recipe if you're trying to avoid lots of wheat or carbs – this is even so tasty with just the salad and skip the rice. If you want a vegetarian option, skip the beef and add another tin of 4 bean mix.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g Lean Beef Mince
- 400g Tin of 4 Bean Mix
- 1 medium Brown Onion - finely diced
- 1 packet MAGGI Chilli Con Carne mix
- 400g Tin of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 Iceberg lettuce - finely shredded
- 2 tsp Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
- 1 cup Shredded Tasty or Mozarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Red Capsicum - finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Cook your brown rice whichever way you normally would - I use a rice cooker and use a ratio of 1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water - just so it cooks but stays nice and nutty/chewy. If you want the rice softer, increase the amount of water.
- Heat your frypan to a medium heat and add the olive oil and finely diced onion. Cook for a few minutes until the onion is a little transparent and soft to the touch.
- Turn up the frypan to the highest heat and add the mince. Continue stirring and breaking up the mince until the mince is nicely browned.
- Reduce the heat to a medium heat and add the tin of tomatoes and the tin of 4 bean mix. Add the MAGGI Chilli Con Carne mix too and stir to combine all ingredients well.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for approx 15 - 20 minutes - stirring often to ensure no sticking to the pan.
- While the meat mix is cooking, combine all the fresh ingredients (lettuce, capsicum and corn kernels) and toss together.
- Plate up however you like - add some sour cream or a dollop of guacamole if you like. I also like to add some extra jalapenos or a few chilli flakes for a little mexican kick!
I love this recipe and my kids do too! It's a great way to introduce legumes (beans, lentils, chick peas etc). More importantly I love that my 10 and 13 year old are now starting to cook this on their own.