This apricot chicken is an easy and delicious family favourite in my house.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Large Brown Onion
- 10-12 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 rashers Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 packet French Onion Soup Mix (40g)
- 1 can (420g) Apricot Nectar
- 1 can (410g) Apricot halves
- dash Salt and Pepper
- Chop the bacon and onion. Place bacon and onion with the oil/butter in a heavy-bottomed large frypan or saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the bacon and onion become fragrant and begin to brown a little.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and continue cooking, stirring every so often, until the chicken is seared and has also begun to colour. This will take about five minutes.
- Combine the apricot nectar and onion soup mix in a jug and stir well.
- Pour nectar over chicken pieces, and then add the apricot halves and juice. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil, stirring so that nothing catches on the bottom.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of rice, making sure to ladle plenty of the sauce over the meat.