- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This apricot chicken is an easy and delicious family favourite in my house.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Large Brown Onion
- 10-12 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 rashers Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 packet French Onion Soup Mix (40g)
- 1 can (420g) Apricot Nectar
- 1 can (410g) Apricot halves
- dash Salt and Pepper
- Chop the bacon and onion. Place bacon and onion with the oil/butter in a heavy-bottomed large frypan or saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the bacon and onion become fragrant and begin to brown a little.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and continue cooking, stirring every so often, until the chicken is seared and has also begun to colour. This will take about five minutes.
- Combine the apricot nectar and onion soup mix in a jug and stir well.
- Pour nectar over chicken pieces, and then add the apricot halves and juice. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil, stirring so that nothing catches on the bottom.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of rice, making sure to ladle plenty of the sauce over the meat.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.