Easy and healthy power packed pikelets with secret ingredients that have people wondering what the secret ingredients are. Dare anyone to stop at one. Great for breakfast, morning tea, afternoon tea or to pop in the childrens lunch boxes.
These pikelets are equally as nice with cream and jam or butter and jam if date spread is not used. But I feel the date spread is the crowning glory. Please do your taste buds a favour and try this unique flavour.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 dessertspoon Natvia Sweetener
- 1 1/4 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- DATE SPREAD:
- 2 cups Chopped Dried Dates
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- Beat the eggs and Natvia sweetener with hand whisk. Add 1/4 cup flour and the milk. Beat again for 1 minute. Fold in the cup of flour, the spices and lemon juice. Whisk well till a smooth batter consistency.
- Heat a frying pan and spray well with canola spray. Drop tablespoons of the batter onto the hot frying pan. Turn the pikelets over when bubbles appear in the batter. Cook for about a minute longer. Repeat process..remembering to spray in-between batches.
- TO MAKE THE DATE SPREAD: Boil all the ingredients in a medium saucepan until they form a soft spreadable consistency..keeping an eye on it as to not burn the mix, or microwave for 3 minutes on high, stirring after each minute.
- Spread with date spread and ENJOY!