- Makes 1
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Great for the school or kinder lunchbox (leave out the walnuts). Will also freeze well in ziplock bags.
Ingredients (makes 1 Loaf)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Golden syrup
- 65 mls Hot water
- 2 Bananas, mashed
- 2 Egg whites
- 125 mls Low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 2 cups Wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Handful Walnuts or sultanas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl combine the oil, sugar, golden syrup and hot water. Cool slightly.
- Add the banana, egg whites and milk and whisk together. For a smoother, less lumpy bread, I often will blend the banana, egg whites and milk in my smoothie maker or with the stick mixer.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix well. Stir in optional ingredients (walnuts, sultanas).
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
You can also add other dried fruits like dates, raisins or even cherries. For a treat choc chips are a easy sweetener.