- Serves 3
- Makes 3
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Family favourite in our home!
Ingredients (serves 3 | makes 3 Meals, 2 Adults and 1 Child )
- 2 Eggs
- 1 packet Basmati Rice, heated for 90 seconds and cooled
- To taste Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Carrot - diced
- 1/2 Cob of Corn - kernels removed
- Handful Broccoli - chopped small
- 1 tsp Oil, we use rice bran
- 4 Slices Bacon - diced
- 1 Fillet of meat you want chicken, beef, pork or some prawns - diced
- Heat the oil in the wok and once hot add beaten and seasoned eggs to the work and form a omelette. Once it starts to look cooked push edges of the egg to the middle slightly and tip wok to let the runny/wet egg fill in the gaps. Once no liquid is left, fold half over and cook for a few seconds then transfer to a chopping board and cut into cubes and put aside.
- Add bacon, garlic and your choice of meat to the hot wok. Cook until bacon has good colour then add the vegies. Cook until carrot is slightly soft (you want the vegies to be slightly crunchy).
- Add the cooled rice, and a good slurp of soy sauce. Mix and if desired add more soy sauce and pepper (easy on salt).
- Add egg back to the pan to heat through and serve!