- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
This Nutella Lattice Slice is super easy and is a great back up if you feel like something sweet but can’t be bothered baking or you have friends drop in and you need a quick dessert.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 2 tbs Nutella
- 1/2 tsp Egg White or Melted Butter
Notes... Feel free to experiment with the fillings - add some walnuts to the nutella, sprinkle choc biscuits crumbs over the top before you cook, add some fruit to the filling. Just have fun. This is also a perfect recipe for the kids to make on their own (providing they're OK with cutting the pasty). If not you cut the pastry and let them do the folding and pinching of the pastry!
- Very lightly mark the puff pastry into thirds with a knife.
- Spread the Nutella evenly over the centre third - leave about 2 cm at the top and bottom free of Nutella.
- Using a sharp knife cut the outside thirds of the pasty horizontally every 2 cm from top to bottom. So you end up with the centre section coated in nutella and then what looks like ribbons of pastry sticking out either side.
- Then all you need to do is start at the top and fold alternative ribbons across the centre section, overlapping each other each time to create the lattice effect.
- Once you've finished this step pinch the top and bottom to seal it off.
- Lightly brush with egg white or melted butter to help with browning in the oven.
- Place on baking paper on a baking tray and cook until the pastry is light and flaky and golden brown.
- Serve with cream or ice cream (or both). Or just slice up and enjoy as is - hot or cold.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.