This Nutella Lattice Slice is super easy and is a great back up if you feel like something sweet but can’t be bothered baking or you have friends drop in and you need a quick dessert.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 2 tbs Nutella
- 1/2 tsp Egg White or Melted Butter
- Very lightly mark the puff pastry into thirds with a knife.
- Spread the Nutella evenly over the centre third - leave about 2 cm at the top and bottom free of Nutella.
- Using a sharp knife cut the outside thirds of the pasty horizontally every 2 cm from top to bottom. So you end up with the centre section coated in nutella and then what looks like ribbons of pastry sticking out either side.
- Then all you need to do is start at the top and fold alternative ribbons across the centre section, overlapping each other each time to create the lattice effect.
- Once you've finished this step pinch the top and bottom to seal it off.
- Lightly brush with egg white or melted butter to help with browning in the oven.
- Place on baking paper on a baking tray and cook until the pastry is light and flaky and golden brown.
- Serve with cream or ice cream (or both). Or just slice up and enjoy as is - hot or cold.