- Makes 36
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
These oat and raisin cookie delights are wonderful! We are on a tight budget and this year I doubled the recipe which made enough generous Christmas treats for 15 colleagues in lovely gift bags.
Ingredients (makes 36 )
- 225g Unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup White sugar
- 2 large Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Raisins
- 1/2 cup Cranberries - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Toasted pecans - chopped (optional)
- 3 cups Rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 175 deg C. If using pecans, place them on a tray and bake for approx 5 mins then set aside to cool before chopping.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixing bowl (I use an electric mixer) and beat until light and pale.
- In a small jug, beat eggs and add vanilla extract. Pour into sugar and butter mixture slowly to ensure even incorporation (mixer on low).
- Separately, sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add rolled oats, raisins and chopped cranberries and combine well. Add dry mixture to mixer slowly and stir only until just combined.
- Roll into balls, approx 1 tablespoon in size, and place on baking trays, lined with baking paper. Allow some room for spreading. Bake for approx 12-15 mins or until just cooked. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!!
I tend to chop and change what I add based on what I have on hand and who the cookies are for. I usually add cranberries, sometimes pecans and have even added a handful of salted peanuts which are also lovely. This year I made batches of these delights to give to colleagues at Christmas. It was a quick and inexpensive gift option and they looked amazing in the gift bags I bought.