These delicious, lightly spiced shortbread stars are always a hit. And not just at Christmas time. Happy Christmas.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 230g butter, chopped
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 150g white cooking chocolate, melted
- 50g tube of red and green Xmas M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Put butter and flour in a food processor and process until there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and add sugar, ginger and melted dark chocolate and mix together.
- Turn out mixture onto a floured surface and knead until mixture is smooth and holding together well.
- Roll out 1/3 mixture between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Use a 7cm star biscuit cutter to cut out shapes and transfer to baking trays. Re-roll off cuts and repeat with remaining portions.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until just firm and brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- DECORATING Spoon melted white chocolate into a piping bag fitted with a 2mm nozzle and pipe in a zig zag pattern over biscuits.
- Use remaining white chocolate to attach red and green M&Ms onto the biscuits (printed side down) and allow to chocolate to set.