A moist and tasty orange cake with dates
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 125 grams butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 large oranges (peel and juice)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the baking powder to the flour and then alternate adding flour and buttermilk.
- Stir in the peel, juice and dates.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.