This orange cake is so yummy and quick to make!
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- 1 orange
- 100g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 160g yoghurt
- 175g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup desicated coconut
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grate the zest of the orange into a bowl, add the butter, caster sugar, eggs, yoghurt, flour and coconut. Mix well with beaters until combined. (You may also choose to squeeze the juice into the cake batter to add more flavour).
- Place into a greased cake tin and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until cake is golden and when a skewer is inserted, comes out clean. Allow cake to cool.
- In another bowl add the icing sugar and butter and beat until combined in a nice icing consistency (I added some of the orange juice to the icing to give it some zing). Spread on the cake and enjoy!