- Serves 6
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
The orange is subtle but so nice!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups Milk
- 2tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup sugar extra
- 4 eggs
- prepare your oven and prepare 6 3/4 cup capacity ramekins. Line a baking dish with a tea towel folded in four and place the ramekins on it.
- mix the sugar and water in a small saucepan, stir over a low heat until dissolved, increase heat and bring to the boil, do not stir mixture, you are aiming for a deep golden brown. pour a little into each dish
- place milk and orange rind into a saucepan, heating until nearly boiled, in a bowl whisk theatergoer eggs and remaining sugar and add slowly to the hot milk mix, whisk continuously, sit for 5 minutes then strain into a jug
- pour into ramekins and pour boiling water into baking dish half way up the ramekins , bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes or until set, turn out and serve
It sounds fiddley but is really an easy dish to make!