- Serves 8
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
This Orange and Yoghourt Cake is a lovely recipe for all sorts of occasions – morning tea or dessert!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 100g Greek Yoghourt with coconut
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 80g Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Orange
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Almond Meal
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- Zest the orange and then juice.
- Combine the sugar, eggs and grape seed oil and mix on a medium speed for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and mix on a low speed for a further 1 - 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 20cm round baking tin (or a ring tin is even better), greased and floured and cook in a 170C oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, combine the orange juice and half the sugar into a small saucepan and simmer until the mixture thickens slightly.
- The cake is cooked when a skewer comes out of the centre part of the cake clean.
- While the cake is cooling, pour the thickened orange juice over the cake and allow to soak through. If you prefer your cake a little less moist, reserve the juice and add at time of serving.
- Serve with extra Greek Yoghourt Coconut.