- Serves 4
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
Serve immediately with maple syrup and fresh fruit
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250 ml Cream (can use whole milk instead)
- 6 Eggs
- 60ml Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 Slices white bread crsuts trimmed
- Whisk all ingredients (except bread) together in a baking dish.
- One slice at a time, gently dip the bread into the egg mix, turning over so bread coated all over.
- Place bread in a doulbe layer in the dish, pressing down gently to set in place.
- Cover with gladwrap and refrigerate overnight
- Lightly butter a baking sheet. Using a spatula, lift the bread slice by slice allowing excess liquid to drip back into the dish, and place on baking tray.
- bake at 200c for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden, turning halfway.
Nice for a celebration breakfast like a wedding day.