- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Looking for a delicious dinner meal that only takes 25 minutes to prep? You can’t look past these pan-roasted pork chops with apple and beans, perfect for the cold weather.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 250g each) Borrowdale pork chops, rind off
- 1 red onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1-2cm-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400g can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Brush Borrowdale pork with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large oven-proof flame-proof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add garlic and apples and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until the apple is golden at the edges. Stir in wine and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cannellini beans.
- Return pork to the pan. Drizzle with maple syrup and scatter with thyme. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until pork is just cooked through. Serve with steamed green beans.