- Serves 6
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Hard
- 13 Ingredients
This decadent dessert is perfect for a dinner party!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- PANNA COTTA INGREDIENTS
- 200mls Milk
- 600mls Thickened Cream
- 80gm Castor Sugar
- 1 Vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 4 Gold strength gelatin leaves
- COFFEE SYRUP INGREDIENTS
- 200gm Castor sugar
- 100ml Espresso-strength Gloria Jean’s Coffee Sereno Blend*
- COFFEE ALMOND SHARDS INGREDIENTS
- 200gm Castor sugar
- 80gm Almonds, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp Very finely ground Gloria Jean’s Coffee beans, Sereno Blend*
- Place milk, cream, sugar and vanilla pod and seeds in a saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring to just below boiling point, then remove from heat and stand for 15 minutes to infuse. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 3 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, gently reheat the cream mixture over low heat. Squeeze gelatine to remove excess liquid, then add leaves to cream and stir until dissolved. Cool slightly, then strain and pour into six 150ml serving glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight until set.
- Meanwhile, for coffee syrup, bring sugar and 100ml water to the boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Brush down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush and cook over medium heat until a caramel coloured (5-10 minutes). Add coffee (being careful as hot caramel may spit) and stir over low heat until syrupy (1-2 minutes), then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, for coffee almond shards, bring sugar and 100ml water to the boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Brush down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush, cooking over medium heat until caramel coloured (5-10 minutes). Stir through almonds and coffee, pour onto a sheet of baking paper and set aside to cool (10-20 minutes). Break into shards and set aside.
- To serve – pour some syrup over the panna cottas and serve with the coffee almond shards. Serve extra syrup in a small jug.
* Gloria Jean's whole bean coffees are available for purchase nationally at Gloria Jean's coffee houses or at http://www.gloriajeanscoffees.com.au/