Really quick and easy as a snack, or even a starter for a dinner party
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 Baby Fennel Bulbs
- 1 Cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Finely Grated Parmesan
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Flat leaf Parsely
- Lemon Wedges
- Trim fennel stalks to 6 cm lengths and cut bulbs into slices about 4 mm thick
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper
- Dip fennel slices into egg then bread crumb mix.
- Place on baking tray lined with non stick baking paper and place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in non stick fry pan over medium low heat. Cook fennel in batches for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.