1.00g Fat Total
3.00g Carbohydrate sugars
– Carbohydrate Total
1.50g Dietary Fibre
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Melted butter, to grease
- 2 tsp light olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated green zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated parsnip
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated jarlsberg or tasty cheese
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbs plain flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a shallow, square 18.5cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, carrot, parsnip and shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Combine vegetable mixture, egg, cheese, parsley and flour in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Lift frittata from pan and place on a plate to cool completely. Cut into 12 fingers to serve.