These Party Sausage Rolls are quick and easy and are sure to please at any party or get together.
Make them finger food size and they’ll work for everyone from toddlers to the grandparents! Or if you’re wanting a super easy dinner, make them larger (and sneak in a few more vegies when you make the meat mix).
Party sausage rolls don’t need to be unhealthy – serve them up to the kids with a homemade tomato sauce and serve loads of vege sticks alongside to add a little crunch and a whole lot of goodness.
You could also look for the Light version of puff pastry if you’re buying your pastry.
Thanks so much for sharing your Party Sausage Rolls Recipe Mrs A! x
Ingredients (makes 40 Portions)
- 1kg Sausage mince
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- 2 Tbsp Tomato sauce
- 4 Sheets Puff pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Mix sausage mince with the crumbs, onion, vegetables, and sauce until combined.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half. Place a roll of sausage mince along a long edge of one strip, moistening the opposite edge with water. Roll the pastry over the filling and tuck the moistened edge underneath, pressing lightly to seal the join.
- Cut the roll into 5 portions and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Shape the remaining rolls.
- Glaze the tops with beaten egg and prick the top of each portion with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated 230•C oven for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 180•C and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
*I don’t like to buy store bought sausage rolls so this is what I serve at parties. They aren’t healthy but they are delicious.