- Serves 20
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Passionfruit Slice is one of the most special, traditional slices. A buttery base with a smooth and creamy centre topped with fresh passionfruit!
What’s not to love?
This Passionfruit Slice is perfect for picnics, a baby shower, a Hen’s Afternoon Tea, high tea or just an afternoon tea with your family.
If you’re looking for a slice you can cut up into small squares and parcel up, this Passionfruit Slice is great for school fetes, bake sales and fund raising dos too!
Look for fresh Passionfruit at your supermarket or local grocer. Or you could use Tinned Passionfruit Pulp if you can’t find any fresh passionfruit.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 100 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cans (395 gram size) condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and Line a rectangular or square slice pan with baking paper (16 x 26 cm).
- Sift the flour into large bowl. Add coconut, caster sugar and melted butter. Mix together until it forms a dough (using your hands makes it easier - give the job to a kid!).
- Press dough firmly into the prepared cake tine and smooth the base with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the base is lightly golden. Set aside and cool.
- Reduce the temperature of the over to 160 degrees. Whisk the condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp together in a clean bowl. You can vary the taste to suit your taste buds. I like more lemon! Pour the mixture over the cooled slice base.
- Place back into the oven for 15 minutes (or until the passionfruit layer has set when lightly touched). Leave in the pan to cool completely. Cut into slices.
- I leave in the fridge overnight and it's easy to slice up the next day. Even tastes better the day or 2 days after!
You could use low fat condensed milk for a low fat version. Passionfruit can be swapped for raspberries and raspberry couli - or blueberries!