- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
This shortbread recipe is pretty versatile, I use it as the base for many things including lemon meringue pie.
Ingredients (makes 12 Slices)
- 125g Unsalted butter cubed
- 1 2/3 cups Plain flour
- 1 Egg
- 125g Caster sugar
- 1tsp Extra caster sugar
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2tbs Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1 Medium passionfruit
Notes... Make sure your hands are cool and dry before kneading, if the weather is too hot I give this a miss or turn the air on on!
- Pre-heat oven and grease a flan pan then line it with grease proof paper
- With your fingertips rub the cold butter into the flour in a bowl until it is like breadcrumbs
- Add in the sugar and salt and combine in egg until it forms a dough
- Knead dough for about 3 minutes on a floured surface, press into your prepared flan pan and indent with a fork, sprinkle with extra caster sugar and bake for 30 min on 180' or until golden brown
- For the passionfruit icing, cream sugar and butter together and gently mix in passionfruit pulp
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.