- Serves 6
- Makes 1
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 5 Ingredients
This pavlova base is easy to make and fun for the kids to help you decorate when it’s cooked!
Is your bathroom as clean as your kitchen? Might be time to rethink what you’re using. See why Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam is rating so well in MoM member REVIEWS.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 1 large pavlova base)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tspn icing sugar
- 600 ml light cream
- Toppings: fruit, chocolate, fruit puree's.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Using an electric mixer. Blend together the egg whites until they turn white.
- Add icing sugar while blending a small bit at a time. Then add the caster sugar a little at a time until blended.
- Blend until mixture is thick and forms small peaks. Put into a greased pyrex dish and pop into the oven until golden brown.
- Take out to cool.
- Whip up light cream with a tspn of icing sugar. Add the cream to cooled base.
- Have fun decorating with fruit, chocolate, fruit sauces, the list is endless!
Love pavlovas. They are favourites at parties and usually go first. Make sure you put separated whites and eggs in separate cups so you don't get any yoke in the egg whites or the whites won't set. You can add food colouring to change the colour of the base if you want.