- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Make this peach and rum sauce and keep on hand for whenever you fancy some! Delicious!
- 6 cups chopped pitted peeled peaches, treated to prevent browning and drained
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup rum
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 7 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Combine peaches, brown sugar, granulated sugar, rum and lemon zest in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle the hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and re-measure headspace. If needed, add more sauce to meet recommended headspace. Wipe rim. Centre lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when centre is pressed.