- Makes 1
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
My sister in law gave me this recipe, I always find it goes down a treat.
Ingredients (makes 1 Bowl)
- 2 cups Short grain brown rice
- 3 cups Water
- 3 cups Peanuts
- 2 Capsicum, diced
- 6 Hot chilli peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 Bunch Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- Cook the rice as per the instructions (of whatever kind of rice you are using). I used 3 cups of water + 2 cups of rice + Salt to taste & cooked it in the rice cooker. Keep in mind the rice should not be soft & mushy. This is like a salad, so it tastes best if the rice remains separate & slightly chewy & crunchy.
- When done cooking, fluff the rice with a fork & cool to about room temp, about 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place wok with 1 teaspoon of oil over high heat. Add the diced onions & capsicums. Stir fry for a couple of minutes only. Do not overcook. The vegetables need to stay crunchy. Take them off the heat & set aside.
- If you are not using ready made roasted peanuts heat a fry pan big enough to hold the peanuts in a single layer, add peanuts, cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant and beginning to brown. Take it off the heat & set aside.
- Once at room temperature mix in soy sauce & tamari sauce, adjust to suit taste.
A variety of vegetables can be used such as peas, corn, broccoli, mushrooms & snow peas.