- Makes 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Uses quite a bit of sugar, so good for special occasions rather than every day! You can also make it look a bit fancier by slicing the pears and fanning them
Ingredients (makes 8 tarts)
- 8 Pears peeled
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 4 Sheets Sweet Short Pastry
- 195 grams Butter (can use marg but butter works best)
- 195 grams Castor Sugar
- 3 Eggs whisked (use 2 if larger eggs)
- 195 grams Flaked Almonds
- 30 grams Flour
- Place pears in a large pot, with sugar and cover with water. Poach very gently for 30 minutes. Remove, core and cut in half.
- Cut 8 discs from the pastry and place each disc in a greased 10 cm tart mould, so it just hangs over the side.
- To make filling, cream butter and castor sugar. Beat in the egg, and then stir in the almond meal and flour until well combined. Spoon into raw pastry shells- only half fill as it will rise. Place a pear half on top and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake at 160C for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.