- Serves 5
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This quick Penne Pasta Bake is an all time favourite in our house! The flavours are delicious and the melted cheese has everyone coming back for more!
Penne pasta is a cylinder shaped pasta – between 4 – 6cm long with each end cut diagonally. Penne is the plural form of the Italian word penna (meaning feather but pen as well). When penne pasta was first created, it was apparently intended to look like a fountain pen (which was a very desirable type of writing implement at the time). Well well … who knew?!
Penne Pasta is such an awesome type of pasta for a few reasons:
- It settles into a bowl beautifully – making a big meal that feeds everyone easily.
- It collects the flavours of the sauces inside and out – making every mouthful a flavour burst.
- It cooks relatively quickly
- Penne Pasta is perfect for toddlers too – easy to pick up and easy to eat (no long pieces of spaghetti getting stuck in their throat)!
A pasta bake is a super easy way to satisfy a crowd too – and you can relax with everyone while it’s baking away in the oven.
If you’re a Pasta Bake fan, whether it’s a penne pasta bake or another type of pasta, you might like to check out some of these other recipes:
- Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake
- Loaded Chicken Pasta Bake
- Tuna Corn Pasta Bake
- Baked Pennette with Zucchini and Haloumi
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 400g Cooked Roast chicken shredded
- 200g Grated Cheese
- 200g Chopped Mushrooms
- 2tbl butter
- 2tbl plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 250ml Milk
- 400g Bow pasta
- handful basil for top
- Bechemal Sauce Melt the butter in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat. Whisk the flour into the melted butter. Add the salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring, for at least 2 minutes to minimize "flour" taste. Slowly add 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened.
- Boil water and add pasta bows then once cooked strain
- In an ovenproof dish: layer pasta, mushrooms,chicken, cheese, sauce, and sprinkle cheese ontop. Bake in oven for 20mins 180 degrees C Top with fresh basil Enjoy
Recipe Quick Penne Pasta Bake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.