I love this Pesto Puff Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes and Green Beans Recipe as it can be an easy family weeknight dinner or it’s elegant enough for a dinner party – either way, there will be silence around the table as they eat it…it’s delicious! Great for the cooler evenings, these simple ingredients all put together create something truly amazing!
Ingredients (makes 2 Chicken breast)
- 2 Skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 sheets Puff pastry, thawed
- 3 TBS Pesto
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Vine ripened cherry tomatoes
- Green beans
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Flatten the chicken breasts by placing inside a zip lock bag and pounding with your fist until the fat ends are the same thickness as the skinny ends.
- Place them in a roasting tray, season with sea salt and black pepper. Spread over the pesto evenly along each piece of chicken.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry in halves, and then cut each half into thick strips. You will need about 8 per breast.
- Lay strips of puff pastry, slightly overlapping – over each breast until covered. Using a sharp knife cut excess pastry off around the edges, but leave enough to slightly tuck under the chicken. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Place the tomatoes into a separate baking dish and lightly dress in oil. Season with salt. Put the chicken onto the top shelf of a pre heated oven set to 190 degrees, and the tomatoes onto the shelf below
- Cook for 25-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the puff pastry is golden and flaky.
- Boil some salted water and cook the beans for approximately 6 minutes or until just tender. Serve plated with the beans on the bottom, the cut chicken and tomatoes on top