The peanut butter and salted caramel give plain old vanilla ice cream a lovely twist!
Ingredients (makes 2.3 litres)
- 300g Pic's Peanut Butter Crunchy
- 350g caster sugar
- 450ml cream
- 20ml Pic's peanut oil (or an unrefined cold pressed peanut oil)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 litres good quality vanilla ice cream
- For the caramel combine the sugar and 80ml water in a saucepan, stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil and cook until a medium dark caramel.
- Remove from the heat, carefully add the cream. Whisk until smooth and dissolved, add the peanut butter, sea salt and peanut oil. Cool.
- Allow the vanilla ice cream to soften slightly at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large metal bowl and using a large spoon stir in the peanut butter caramel to form a ripple effect.
- Return the ice cream back into a clean ice cream container and freeze until firm.
- Optional – stir through a little of your favourite jam to make Peanut butter and jelly ice cream.