- Serves 24
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
These dumplings would be perfect served at a party as finger food!
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 1/4 cup Pic's Peanut Butter Smooth
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 400g chicken mince (or pork)
- 2 Tbsp black bean paste
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp Peanut oil
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- For dusting Rice flour
- 24 Gow gee wrappers (available from Asian food shops)
- To serve Chinese black vinegar & chilli
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Pic’s peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cabbage and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Cool.
- Add the mince, black bean paste, egg white, peanut butter and chives to the cabbage, season with salt and pepper.
- Dust a chopping board with a little rice flour. Lay out 6 Gow gee wrappers on the board, then brush the edges with a little water. Place 1 tsp of the mince cabbage mixture into the centre of each wrapper. Fold over the wrapper to form a half circle, then press the edges to seal and enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Heat the remaining Pic’s Peanut oil with ½ cup of water in a large frying pan. Add the dumplings and cook for 5 minutes with lid on.
- Remove the lid and cook until the water has evaporated and the dumplings are golden on one side. Serve with black vinegar and chilli as a dipping sauce on the side.