- Serves 2
- Makes 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
There is nothing like a flaky crusty homemade pie. But pastry is usually laden with butter and calories and isn’t conducive to a healthy eating plan. So I’ve been on the lookout for pastry-alternatives and this time, I experimented using Wonton wrappers and roast veggies. It was a huge success. The wonton wrappers made a crunchy, scrumptious base and the veggie filling topped with cheese was so tasty.
Ingredients (serves 2 | makes 4 Pies)
- 1/2 Small Butternut Pumpkin
- 6 white mushrooms
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 small spinach leaves
- 50g grated cheese
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- First up, roast the butternut pumpkin. Wrap the pumpkin in foil and place on a baking sheet and roast in 200 degree oven until soft (around 60 minutes). Remove the pumpkin from the foil when soft and leave to cool.
- Chop up the tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Heat oil up in a fry pan. Add the onions and cook until soft. Then add the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Add the two sauces and stir and cook until the vegetables are soft. Remove from heat.
- Remove the pips from the roasted pumpkin and scrape the pumpkin flesh into a bowl and mash. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the pies, place two Wonton wrappers on top of each other in a star shape in each pie maker hole.
- Place two spinach leaves on top of the wrappers. Then add some pumpkin mash (about 2 tablespoons). Follow this with a tablespoon of mushroom, tomato and onion relish. Then top with some grated cheese and a sprinkling of Smoked Paprika.
- Switch on the pie maker and close the lid to cook.
- Cook for about 5 - 6 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and the top is crispy.
These are delicious served with a green salad.
Recipe Pie Maker Roast Pumpkin And Mushroom Wonton Pies
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.