- Serves 6
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
A quick and easy light lunch – cut slices more thickly for a heartier meal.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed and chopped
- 1 kilo chicken mince
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon each of onion powder, chopped fresh thyme and parsley
- Sprinkle pine nuts into the base of a 21 X 11 X 5 cm deep loaf pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, and then pack into loaf pan.
- Bake at 180C for 1 hour. Cool for 5 minutes then drain
- Chill and serve with salad. Garnish with thyme.
You can also mix in extra pine nuts for a bit of texture. I like to add some diced bacon to the base of the tin too.