- Serves 10
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A super easy quick cake to prepare the fresh pineapple adds a delightful sweetness to a moist light vanilla cake.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 175g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon butter for greasing baking tin
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 200g fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- fresh cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 26cm round fluted baking tin with butter.
- Cut the pineapple into triangle pieces about 1cm thick so they will fit nicely into the baking tin. Sprinkle in the brown sugar into the baking tin and then lay the pineapple on top.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add in the vanilla essence and mix through.
- In another bowl, sift in the flour and baking powder and add in the coconut and sultanas. Add the flour mix to the butter and sugar and fold through gently to combine, then transfer the mix into the baking tin and spread over evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Serve warm with fresh cream.
You can try this recipe with tinned pineapple although i find fresh pineapple works better.