- Serves 10
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is an easy but effective birthday cake for a little boy – plus they get a toy to play with when the cake is eaten!
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 1 Favourite cake mix
- 1 Icing mix
- 1 or 2 drops Blue food colouring
- 1 Mini Wagon Wheel
- 1 packet Mini M&Ms
- 1 Pirate ship, treasure chest, tree, and pirate
- Make your cake using your favourite cake mix. I use a packet mix for birthday cakes and put most of the effort into the decorating.
- Leave the cake until thoroughly cooled and then ice all over with blue icing. Make sure the icing is reasonably thick - not runny. Leave until the icing is set.
- Place a mini wagon wheel somewhere on your cake (probably near the edge) to form an island.
- Place the plastic tree either on the island or right behind it so that at a casual glance it looks like it's on the island. Fill the treasure chest with M&Ms and place on the island; scatter a few M&Ms on the island; to look like spilled jewels.
- Place the pirate ship pretty much anywhere on the cake, and decide whether to place the pirate on the ship or the island.
I purchased the pirate ship, pirate, tree and treasure chest at the Reject Shop for a grand total of $3.00.