- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
- 75 gram butter
- 1 kg onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 jar of anchovy fillets (80gram size), oil drained
- Melt butter in saucepan, add onions, thyme and seasoning and cook very gently, covered, for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are sweet and caramelized. Cool.
- Place puff pastry on lightly oiled baking trays, and spread onion evenly over top, followed by evenly spreading anchovies over top of onion layer.
- Bake in oven 180 degrees for about 20 minutes
I add black olives to it sometimes too.