This recipe is great for parties or making some for the kids lunch. The best thing is you can really use your imagination and add any ingredients you like (or for me whatever I can find in the fridge or cupboard at the time!).
Ingredients (makes 20 swirls)
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 150gm shredded ham
- 50gm tomato paste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 125gm creamed corn
- 1/2 cup red capsicum
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 200C, line two trays with baking paper.
- Take out two pastry sheets and lay them out on the bench to thaw. Once thawed start making the swirls.
- Pizza swirl-spread tomato paste onto one pastry sheet. Lay ham on top then use half a cup of mozzarella cheese to sprinkle over the top.
- Veggie swirl-cut up capsicum into small pieces, put capsicum and can of creamed corn into blender (I leave mine a little chunky otherwise it gets to runny and watery). Spread this mixture onto second pastry sheet. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Roll sheets up until it makes a swirl. Cut into 20mm pieces.
- Place swirls onto tray flat (so that the mixture and swirl is facing upwards).
- Break egg into a cup and mix with a fork. Brush swirls with the egg.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden.