This tart is one of the simplest, quickest cakes you can prepare with the wow factor of the way the fruit is presented.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 100g butter softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange zested
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 black plums
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar, to dust when serving
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease and line a 23cm round springform baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in 1 egg and beat well until combined, then add in the remaining egg and mix well.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and add in the almond meal and orange zest and gently fold through using a spatula. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread over evenly.
- To prepare the plums, cut in half and remove the stone. Then cut each half into 5 even wedges. Place the wedges on top of mixture gently pressing them down. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden and you can insert a skewer that comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.